Saturday, January 9, 2010

Disneyland!


Here I come! Last time I went to Disneyland I was eleven. I was at the age where I was too cool for little kid stuff so I really didn't enjoy it. My memories include: waiting in line for an hour and a half for the Roger Rabbit ride which was really lame, being really excited to ride the Matterhorn and Tea Cups which were both closed, and standing in line at Splash Mountain behind some Europeans with long arm hair that smelled like B.O. Not the best memories. I remember feeling disappointed with it. I haven't been back since then. When I got married I married into a family that is full of Disneyland fanatics. All of them buy annual passes every year and make it a point to go at least 3 or 4 times. When I first heard of all this nonsense I was like, "What is the big deal? I didn't really love Disneyland." They were all in shock and horror of my indifference to the "Happiest Place on Earth". So when my husband graduated from University his graduation gift, was of course annual passes to Disneyland. We are leaving this Sunday and will be there till Thursday. I have to admit I am really excited about going. Maybe it is being older now and wanting to feel like a kid again or maybe it is being surrounded by people who love Disneyland. Whatever it is I am excited. So wish me luck because I hope round two at Disneyland is all it is cracked up to be. Any suggestions on things we should do? Places to eat?

I will give a full report when I get back. Maybe I could even find a cool quilt shop out there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys got back safely and I KNOW you had a great time!!! :) We missed you!

    ReplyDelete